Answers to the Paul Revere engraving of The Boston Massacre
1. This was NOT a “massacre” – colonists and the soldiers did not have a good relationship. This incident occured because of the actions of some colonists –who provoked some British soldiers.
2. The British Captain was NOT in the back of his soldiers ordering them to fire.
3. Note the right hand side of the picture-“Butcher’s Hall” it did not exist.
4. The first colonist killed was a black man-no dead black person is shown.
5. Where is the snow?
6. Your comments and additional information…………………
What is NOT fact or accurate related to this incident (“The Boston Massacre) and what is not accurate in the famous picture?