NEW for fun Trivia/Fact QUIZ on World War Two
QUIZ for October 7, 2009
1. He became the leader/dictator of Italy by 1922. Between 1925-1928, he obtained full dictatorship powers in Italy. In 1935, he ordered the invasion of Ethiopia.
2. He wrote Mein Kampf while in prison. His first major act of aggression was in 1936 when his troops marched into the Rhineland. His family name was Schicklgruber.
3. He was the Nazi Minister of Propanganda. This small man had a crippled foot but praised the “master race”.
4. The fate of Czechoslovakia was decided at a famous conference in Sept. of 1938. Name this famous conference.
5. This British city and it’s famous cathedral were bombed by the Nazi Air Force in November of 1940. The cathedral was rebuilt after World War Two.
6. Hitler made a great blunder by invading (this former ally) in June of 1941. He opened up a second front/theater in World War Two. German forces paid a heavy cost during this invasion.
7. When the U. S. declared War on Dec. 8, 1941–Who was the ONLY member of the House of Rep. that voted against the Declaration of War?
8. What famous German general left Normandy (France) on June 4, 1944 to celebrate his wife’s birthday on JUNE 6, 1944 (D-Day)?
9. The FORMAL surrender of Japan on Sept. 2, 1945 took place on what U. S. warship?
10. Who was the U. S. President at the END of World War Two?